SCADA System Solutions
Live Automation’s seasoned crew of SCADA programmers understands that clearly presented information, intuitive system controls and clear navigation are the core of good SCADA/HMI programming, which ultimately drives operational efficiency and performance. Our clients appreciate that we can design to their standards and that we never try to force them into a box. However, if you don’t yet have standards, we have some great ones, and we think you’ll like what you see. Either way, we’ll do the heavy lifting, but we will involve you every step of the way so that you wind up with a system you love.
Choosing the Right SCADA System
As the brains of your automation system, choosing the right SCADA system for your specific needs is paramount, as often times the ability to monitor and control systems and processes is just not feasible for humans, whether that limitation is due to location, cost or complexity.
Whether you’re implementing your first SCADA system, updating a current system, or simply looking for an integration partner with the expertise required to help you sort through all of the available options, we’re happy to explore the following considerations to help you select the optimal SCADA system for your business.
- HARDWARE: You’ll need to inventory what type of equipment is currently in place at your site(s) and consider if the selected SCADA system will work with your existing hardware.
- REQUIREMENTS: Though you may be looking for a SCADA system today, it’s important that the system you choose supports your future needs as well, such as plans for plant expansion or growth in the number of data-dependent users.
- COST: Always remember that you get what you pay for. Your initial cost may not reflect the total cost of operating your system over time. Depending on your organization and industry, you should also consider current and potential inspection, maintenance and repair costs. How might those current costs change to be cost-effective? Will the proposed SCADA system positively affect your total operations costs
- SERVICE & SUPPORT: If a SCADA system goes down, the consequence can be serious. The success or failure of your project will likely be determined by the team you choose to implement it rather than the platform you choose. You need a reputable, stable integrator, one that will be around for troubleshooting, upgrades, and ongoing support
- SECURITY: Consider conducting a vulnerability assessment in your SCADA system and close any gaps not considered best practices, mitigating any potential security risks.
SCADA Integration Experience Counts
With HMI/SCADA systems advancing technologically and implementations becoming increasingly more complex, our engineering team works with you to design, install and monitor a comprehensive SCADA system. Proficient with a multitude of different SCADA / HMI software programs, we have consulted on, designed, implemented and supported hundreds of systems across the northeast and are systems integrator/solution partners for the following platforms:
- Ignition by Inductive Automation
- Rockwell Software
- AVEVA (Wonderware)
- GE Cimplicity, Proficy, Intellution
- Siemens WinCC
- Food and beverage
- Oil and gas
- Water and waste water
- And many more
Benefits of SCADA / HMI Systems
Data driven decisions – that’s what can propel you past the competition. With a robust SCADA system monitoring and aggregating data, and controlling machines and processes that utilize valves, pumps and motors via HMI, you have access to a historical overview of your automated systems. And when reliability and performance are not negotiable, SCADA and Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) deliver that and more:
SCADA's design is centered on multi-level redundancy to ensure constant communication and operation of your system. This will maximize your productivity and allow continuous production.
Improved Product Quality
SCADA analyzes and controls the quality of manufactured products using standard SCADA functionality. This includes Statistical Process Control (SPC). Advanced statistical alarms allow your personnel to perform predictive calibration of process parameters, preventing out-of-limit deviations before they occur.
Reduced Operating and Maintenance Costs
Deploying a centralized SCADA system will allow you to significantly reduce operating and maintenance costs. With fewer personnel required to monitor operations in remote locations, the result is increased operator effectiveness.
Integration with Your Business Systems
A SCADA system can be easily integrated with your existing business systems, leading to increased production and profitability. In addition, this system implementation allows you to transform, analyze, and present real-time information that can travel throughout your organization for prioritized decision making.
Protection of Your Capital Investment
When you spend money to improve operations, you need to know that you are getting what you paid for and that your system will withstand the test of time. A well-designed and open SCADA system can protect against control system obsolescence and can be easily scaled to meet growing demands on your operations.
How Can We Help?
If you're considering a new SCADA system, or have an existing system that you would like evaluated, please give us a call to have a chat and we'll figure out the best way to make your life a little bit easier. Give us a call at (866) PLC-GUYS.